1. We’re solving a real problem that affects the masses. We’re not trying to create a social network for cats, a dating site for hipsters, or a decorate-your-plants game for the phone. We’re trying to solve a real life problem that affects the 9 out of 10 consumers in America that use gift cards, the #1 most popular gift in America. Did you know that consumers spend $100 billion a year on gift cards? That’s right, $100,000,000,000.
2. We have traction. Lots of it. In our first year, we grew revenues from 0 to 7-figures. In our second year, we grew revenues from 7-figures to 8-figures. In our 3rd year, we are growing faster than ever before and are launching our service in over 1,000 stores across America. Customers love what we are doing and we’ve been featured on CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, NPR, The New York Times, and many other publications.
3. We have an awesome team. We pride ourselves with attracting the misfits of misfits - sky divers, rock climbers, fashion models, ice cream eaters, travelers, gamers, sport enthusiast, comic book readers, comic book writers, caffeine addicts, musicians, beer brewers, and more. Our talented team of individuals come from Apple, Google, Amazon.com, Microsoft, HP, Palm, McKinsey, Monitor, MIT, CMU, and UIUC. You can learn more about our team here.
4. We’ve got interesting technical and business challenges. We are pioneering a new market and exploring new challenges every day. How do we manage inventory in real-time? How do we adjust pricing dynamically? How do we create a safe and secure marketplace? How do we design APIs and interfaces that can be used online and in thousands of stores across America? We need to solve all these challenges, while wrapping the complexity behind a beautiful and elegant customer experience.
5. We are each making a HUGE impact. Our small product team of 7 talented individuals is responsible for running the business and generating tens of millions in revenue. Each of us enjoys the challenge of taking on huge amounts of responsibilities, wearing many hats, contributing to all parts of the business, and truly owning what we do.
6. We have the financial stability of a large company with the excitement, nimbleness, and spirit of a small startup. Not everyone wants to eat ramen every day and we don’t think you should need to. We provide free lunches daily, weekly dinners, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and a generous compensation package.
7. We will have someone on our team shave their head if you join. Yep, that's right.